Saturday, January 21, 2012

L'Obélisque de Luxor

L'Obélisque de Luxor was given to the French in 1829 by the Viceroy of Egypt - Mehemet Ali. The obelisk, which is located in the Place de la Concorde, is 3300 years old, made of granite, weighs 230 tons and stands 75 feet tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...